2019 Call For Submissions
Call for Submissions for the 27th edition of the festival is now open!
Artifact welcomes submissions of short films (under 22 minutes) that are finished to Super 8 or 16mm film. We will be looking for new (finished after Dec 2016), innovative, thought provoking films from any genre that keeps the practice of celluloid filmmaking alive.
- All genres are accepted
- The film MUST be a Super 8 or 16mm original/print. We require a digital copy of the film for jurying (actual digital scan of the film, or even a video of the film being projected on a wall/screen is fine). If accepted, the film original/print must be shipped to Artifact
- Under 22 minutes
- Official release date after December 1, 2016
REQUIREMENTS FOR EXHIBITION
- Sound: Silent, mp3 (with sync instructions), or optical sound
For Super 8:
- Sound: Silent, Mag. Strip, or mp3 (with sync instructions)
- Films should have AT LEAST 10 feet of leader
- Each film must be clearly labeled with running speed (18 or 24 fps), length, title and name of filmmaker
- Films must be submitted head out and leaders clearly labelled
The Programming Jury selects films from submitted entries, and a separate jury of artists and professionals from the film community selects award recipients. Entries are judged on their creative content, and on innovative uses of celluloid film.
Artifact pays artist fees for all works selected for the festival (based on IMAA rates). If your film is selected for exhibition, you will be asked to ship the ORIGINAL FILM OR A FILM PRINT (Super 8 or 16mm) to Artifact a few weeks before the festival. The Artifact Short Format Film Festival will make every attempt to avoid any damage to your film, but cannot provide any guarantee. At the completion of the festival, your film will be shipped back to you, pre-paid, via UPS.
Extracts and stills from selected films may be used to advertise the Festival in local print, radio or television media, and on the Festival website.